Monday, January 24, 2011

Weighing in on "Fish" cakes and Veggie Burgers

I've been scolded for making my remarks in the "comments" section after each of Rachel's posts, so now I'll put them in my own posts. I have to admit, the poorly named seaside "fish" cakes were very good, with enough lemon and salt. I refused, however, to let Rachel call them "fish". And "seaside"? Is that supposed to sell them? I challenge you to name one solitary object you might find on the seaside that you would want to put in your mouth.

As for the veggie burgers, I was awarded the "honor" of combining all the prepared ingredients, sautéing them, then shaping them into the amazing, technicolor dreampatties which would later be fried and eaten like a hamburger. These, too, were actually good, which surprised me considering how revolting the "flax-slime" substance was. Ugh... I still see it in my nightmares, slithering out of the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment